AFTER SCHOOL CARE PROGRAM
For many parents, their greatest concern is who will care for their child after school. Parents at Notre Dame School have a unique alternative to solve that problem – the school’s After School Care Program. After School Care offers a safe and secure environment for children in grades K – 8. For the students, after school time is fun and educational. The program provides gym/outdoor play time, homework time, snack time (parent provides snack), and a variety of enrichment activities each afternoon. The program operates during regular school days. The uniqueness of the program lies in the fact that it is a self-supporting program. Cost for the program is as follows:
Parents can choose to reserve a Late Pick-up, Half Session, or Full Session for their child each day:
• Late Pick Up is from 2:45-3:30pm and is $5 per child ($10 per child for non registered families).
• Half Session is from 2:45-4:30pm and is $10 per child.
• Full Session is from 2:45-6:00pm and is $16 per child (Fridays will end at 5pm).
- The program allows for 20 children under the care of the Director and an aide.
- The program operates from 2:45 until 6:00 PM M-Th, and 2:45 - 5:00 F (on regular school days.)
- The program is not offered on early dismissal days, Christmas vacation, during school holidays/breaks or summer vacation.
- The program is staffed and run by the program director and an aide.
- The director offers educational background and experience. It is also a requirement that both the director and aide have completed Protecting God’s Children as well as have certification in child CPR/first aid.
- Enrichment/planned activities will be developed by the director to provide all children with direction and purpose while in attendance.